Arizona Oncology has been selected to participate in the Oncology Care Model, a care delivery model that supports and encourages higher quality, more coordinated cancer care. The Oncology Care Model is one of the first physician-led specialty care models from The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and builds on lessons learned from other innovative programs and private-sector models. The Oncology Care Model encourages practices to improve care and lower costs through episode and performance-based payments that reward high-quality patient care. Here's a list of things that the practices may have to offer:
- Coordinating appointments with providers within and outside the oncology practice to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services;
- Providing 24/7 access to care when needed;
- Arranging for diagnostic scans and follow up with other members of the medical team such as surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other specialists that support the beneficiary through their cancer treatment;
- Help making decisions on advanced care planning and survivorship planning; and
- Providing access to additional patient resources, such as emotional support groups, pain management services, and clinical trials.
For more information download our brochure or read the full press release about Arizona Oncology’s involvement with the Oncology Care Model.