Arizona Oncology provides a “Patient Benefits Representative” (“PBR”) to serve as your financial counselor and provide education about insurance benefits. Your PBR will explain the total cost of the planned treatment, your out-of-pocket expense, the practice’s payment policies, and evaluate for additional financial resources.
As our practice policy, please be aware of your responsibilities for the following:
- Referrals - Obtaining current referrals as required by your insurance carrier.
- Personal Information - Notifying our office of changes regarding your personal or insurance information.
- Current Balances - Are due at the time of your visit.
- Deductible - A deductible is the amount you pay for health care services before your health insurance begins to pay.
- Coinsurance - Coinsurance is your share of the costs of a health care service. It’s usually figured as a percentage of the amount your insurance allows to be charged for services. You start paying coinsurance after you’ve paid your plan’s deductible.
- Co-payments - This is a fixed amount you pay for a health care service.
- Financial Assistance - Contact a patient benefit representative (“PBR”) to review the qualifications and your eligibility.
- Check-Out - Always remember to stop by Check-Out to schedule your next appointment.