Breast Cancer Specialists
find a clinical trial
A dedicated and expert
Learn more about our clinical trials currently enrolling breast cancer patients
TALK TO ONE OF OUR CANCER CARE SPECIALISTS AT A LOCATION NEAR YOU.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Comprehensive Breast Cancer Treatment from Our Team of Experts
Breast cancer and other breast diseases often require treatment from many different specialists and medical professionals. Arizona Oncology brings together experts in advanced treatment therapies and comprehensive supportive care to provide a total treatment program.
Our multidisciplinary team of breast specialists is comprised of recognized experts in breast surgical oncology, medical and radiation oncology, genetic risk evaluation, and supportive care who collaborate to deliver unparalleled continuity of care. Our nurse navigator guides you on your journey to health. This unique integrated care model reduces patient stress and ensures our breast patients achieve the best possible results. From diagnosis to survivorship, we’re by your side every step of the way.
Tucson & Phoenix Breast Surgical Oncologists
Breast surgical oncologists specialize in breast cancer treatment using various surgical techniques depending on each patient’s condition. There are many factors that help your cancer team to determine the best surgical approach, individualized for each breast cancer patient.
Types of Breast Surgery
Since breast cancer treatment frequently begins with surgery, surgical outcomes pave the way for your cancer treatment to follow. Together, you and your breast surgical oncologist will work to determine the best surgical option for you based on your type and stage of cancer and various other elements. Surgery options include:
- Lumpectomy/Breast-conserving surgery
- Mastectomy – including skin and nipple-sparing surgeries
- Simultaneous and staged breast reconstruction
Breast Cancer Information
If you’ve been newly diagnosed with breast cancer, you will likely have many questions about the kind of doctor you should see, your specific type of breast cancer, the stage of your breast cancer, and what treatments are available. Our team of breast cancer specialists are here to answer your questions.
A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Complete Breast Cancer
In addition to breast oncology services, Arizona Oncology offers a multi-disciplinary team of cancer providers that offer expertise in all areas of breast care:
- Advanced surgical procedures including breast-conserving lumpectomy, nipple-sparing and skin-sparing mastectomy, lymph node surgery, oncoplastic surgery, and reconstructive surgeries.
- Cancer survivorship programs to support patients after their treatment ends.
- Clinical trials providing access to promising new therapies for breast cancer.
- Genetic testing and counseling to help identify risk for hereditary cancers and to create more personalized treatment strategies.
- Medical oncology experts for chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and immunotherapy treatments.
- Onsite diagnostic imaging including PET and CT to assist in evaluation and treatment planning
- Radiation oncology team with access to leading-edge technology and treatments like Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), and brachytherapy.
- Resources for second opinions for patients and their referring providers.
- Supportive care addressing the emotional, financial, and nutritional needs of patients.