Tucson - Craycroft
Tucson, AZ 85712 View Map
Education & Credentials
The College of New Jersey
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Administration - University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Clinical/Translational Research - University of Pittsburgh
Radiation Oncology and Clinical Informatics
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
- 2022 Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; Project Management Institute (PMI)
- 2020 Physician Leadership Tier 2 Development Program for Emerging Leaders; The US Oncology Network
- 2020 Scholarship, Quantic School of Business and Technology
- 2018-2019 ASTRO Health Policy Fellowship; American Society for Radiation Oncology
- 2016 Travel Grant Award; ASTRO Advocacy Day
- 2016 Jesse H. Jones Fellowship Endowment Award in Cancer Education; University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2015 RSNA Trainee Research Prize; Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting
- 2015 Judith Stitt Award Winner in Socio-Economics; American Brachytherapy Society
- 2015 ABS Resident/Fellow Travel Award; American Brachytherapy Society Annual Meeting
- 2015 NCCN Oncology Fellows Recognition Program; National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- 2014 E. Stephen Amis, Jr. Fellow in Quality and Safety; American College of Radiology
- 2014 Finalist, Cancer Survivorship Research Competition; Bristol-Myers Squibb Second Place Award Winner; University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2014 Luis Delclos Resident Research Award Winner; University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2014 Young Oncologist Award Travel Grant Winner; American Radium Society Annual Meeting
- 2014 Texas Radiological Society Travel Award Grant; Texas Radiological Society Annual Meeting
- 2013 Best of ASTRO Award
- 2013 Dr. Mary Fletcher Memorial Award for Humanism in Cancer Care; Division of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2013 Bristol-Myers Squibb Award Finalist; University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 2011 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Student Research Recognition Award; Rutgers– NJMS, Beta Chapter of AOA
- 2010 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Student Service Award; Rutgers– NJMS, Beta Chapter of AOA
- 2010 Scholarship in Honor of Professor A. K. Bhattacharya; Rutgers– NJMS, Alumni Association
- 2009 Junior Member, Alpha Omega Alpha; Rutgers– NJMS, Beta Chapter of AOA
- 2009 – 2010 Winner, American Medical Association Seed Grant; University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- 2007 – 2010 Class of 1970 and 1960 Alumni Association Scholarship; Rutgers– NJMS, Alumni Association
- 2008 1st Place Research Award in Graduate Student Category; Institute of Aging, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- 2007 Summa Cum Laude; The College of New Jersey
- 2007 Dr. Paul Miranti Award; Highest Academic Achievement in Human Anatomy and Development; Rutgers – NJMS
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
- American College of Radiology
- American Brachytherapy Society
- American College of Medical Quality
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Association for Cancer Education
- American College of Radiation Oncology
- American Cancer Society
Radiation Therapy Expenditures Through the First 8 Performance Periods of the Oncology Care Model at a Statewide Multispecialty Health System
- Thaker NG, McDonald PR, Zhang F, Shun TY, Lewen MD, Pollack IF, Lazo JS: Identification of Survival Genes in Human Glioblastoma Cells Using siRNA Screening. Mol Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;76(6):1246-55. PMID: 19783622
- Thaker NG, McDonald PR, Zhang F, Shun TY, Pollack IF, Lazo JS: Designing, optimizing, and implementing high-throughput siRNA genomic screening with glioma cells for the discovery of survival genes and novel drug targets. J Neurosci Methods. 2010 Jan 15;185(2):204-12. PMID: 19782703
- Thaker NG, Zhang F, Shun TY, Pollack IF, Lazo JS. Functional genomic analysis of glioblastoma multiforme through short interfering RNA screening: a paradigm for therapeutic development. Neurosurg Focus. 2010 Jan;28(1):E4. PMID: 20043719
- Thaker NG, Mammis A, Yanni DS, Singh R, Carmel PW. Distal subgaleal-peritoneal shunt regression into the extra-peritoneal space: a rare complication. J Surg Case Reports. 2010 7:9.
- Yanni DS, Mammis A, Thaker NG, Goldstein IM. Traumatic Fracture of Thin Pedicles Secondary to Extradural Meningeal Cyst. J Surg Tech Case Reports. 3(1): 40-43, 2011. PMID: 22022654
- Thaker NG, Turner JD, Cobb WS, Quinn J, Catrambone J, He W, Gandhi C, Prestigiacomo CJ. Computed Tomographic Angiography vs. Digital Subtraction Angiography for Post-operative Detection of Residual Aneurysms: A Meta-Analysis. J Neurointerv Surg doi:10.1136/neurintsurg-2011-010025. PMID: 21990495
- Nagele RG, Clifford PM, Siu G, Levin EC, Acharya NK, Han M, Kosciuk MC, Venkataraman V, Zavareh S, Zarrabi S, Kinsler K, Thaker NG, Nagele EP, Dash J, Wang HY, Levitas A. Brain-reactive autoantibodies prevalent in human sera increase intraneuronal amyloid beta 1-42 (Aβ42) deposition. J Alzheimers Dis. 2011; 25(4): 605-22. PMID: 21483091
- Mammis A, Yanni DS, Thaker NG, Goldstein IM. Reduction of displaced Hangman’s fracture by compression across crossed translaminar screws: Technical Note. J Clin Neurosci. 2012 Apr;19(4):582-4 PMID: 22249011.
- Gutowski N, Thaker NG, Heinrich GF, Fadem B: Evaluation of Medical School Applicants is Enhanced by Current Medical Student Input. Medical Education Online. 2010, 15: 5245. PMID: 20548967. http://med-ed-online.net/index.php/meo/article/view/5245/html_8
- Thaker NG, Pollack IF: Molecularly targeted therapeutics for malignant glioma: rationale for combinatorial strategies. Exp Rev Neurotherap. 2009 Dec;9(12):1815-36. PMCID: PMC2819818. PMID: 19951140
- Thaker NG, Mahmood U, Pugh TJ, Boehling NS, Bruno TL, Prestidge BR, Crook JM, Cox BW, Potters L, Moran BJ, Keyes M, Kuban DA, Frank SJ. Establishing High Quality Prostate Brachytherapy using a Phantom Simulator Training Program. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys (In Press).
- Awan M, Kalpathy-Cramer J, Bongers E, Dahele M, Yang J, Dyer B, Walker GV, Thaker NG, Holliday E, Bishop A, Thomas CR, Rosenthal D, Fuller CD. Auto-segmentation of the brachial plexus assessed with TaCTICS - a software platform for rapid multiple-metric quantitative evaluation of contours. Acta Oncol. 2014 Oct 3: 1-5. PMID: 25279958
- Thaker NG, Klopp AH, Jhingran A, Frumovitz M, Iyer RB, Eifel PJ. Survival Outcomes for Patients with Pelvic Lymph Node Positive Stage IVB Vulvar Cancer: Time To Reconsider the FIGO Staging System? Gynecol Oncol. 2014 Dec 16.
- Thaker NG, Hoffman KE, Stauder MC, Shaitelman SF, Strom EA, Smith BD, Perkins GH, Huo L, Munsell MF, Pusztai L, Buchholz TA, Woodward WA. The 21-Gene Recurrence Score Complements IBTR! Estimates in Early-Stage, Hormone Receptor-Positive, HER2-Normal, Lymph Node-Negative Breast Cancer. Springerplus. 2015 Jan 30;4:36. PMID: 25674496.
- Ye JC, Mohindra P, Spektor A, Krishnan MS, Chmura SJ, Howard AR, Viswanathan AN, MacDonald SM, Thaker NG, Das P, Mancini BR, Higgins SA, Braunstein S, Haas-Kogan D, Bradley KA, Hung AY, Thomas CR Jr, Kharofa J, Wheatley M, Currey A, Parashar B, Du K, Jimenez RB, Golden DW. Medical Student Perspectives on a Multi-institutional Clerkship Curriculum: A Report From the Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Jun 1; 92(2): 217-9. PMID: 25968822
- Golden DW, Spektor A, Krishnan MS, Mohindra P, Ye JC, Chmura SJ, Howard AR, Viswanathan AN, MacDonald S, Thaker NG, Das P, Mancini BR, Higgins S, Braunstein S, Haas-Kogan DA, Bradley KA, Hung A, Thomas CR, Kharofa J, Wheatley MD, Currey A, Parashar B, Du KL, Jimenez RB. Implementation and evaluation of a multi-institutional pilot curriculum for the medical student clerkship: A report from the Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016 Feb;13(2):203-9.
- Thaker NG, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Choi S, Agarwal A, Spinks TE, Martin NE, Sio TT, Kudchadker R, Kaplan RS, Kuban DA, Swanson DA, Orio PF, Zelefsky MJ, Cox BW, Potters L, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Defining the Value Framework for Prostate Brachytherapy using Patient-Centered Outcome Metrics and Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing. Brachytherapy. 2016 Feb 22.
- Agarwal A, Thaker NG, Tawk B, Allen P, Grosshans DR, Herzog C, Gombos DS, Mahajan AM. Advanced Radiation Therapy Techniques for Retinoblastoma: The MD Anderson Cancer Center Experience. International Journal of Particle Therapy. 2015.
- Thaker NG, Sturdevant L, Jhingran A, Das P, Delclos ME, Gunn GB, McAleer MF, Tereffe W, Choi S, Simeone WJ, Martinez W, Hahn SA, Famiglietti R, Kuban DA. Assessing the Quality of a Radiation Oncology Case-based Peer Review Program in an Integrated Academic and Community Cancer Center Network. J Oncol Pract. 2016 Apr;12(4):e476-86.
- Thaker NG, Agarwal A, Palmer M, Hontiveros R, Hahn SA, Minsky BD, Walters RS, Bingham J, Buchholz TA, Frank SJ. Variations in Proton Therapy Coverage in the State of Texas: Defining Medical Necessity for a Safe and Effective Treatment. International Journal of Particle Therapy. 2015.
- Fogh S, Pope CH, Rosenthal SA, Conway PD, Hulick PR, Johnson JL, Mian TA, Das IJ, Thaker NG, Monzon BT. American College of Radiology (ACR) Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation: A pattern of change. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016 Sep-Oct;6(5):e171-7.
- Sio TT, Lin HK, Shi Q, Gunn GB, Cleeland CS, Lee JJ, Hernandez M, Blanchard P, Thaker NG, Phan J, Rosenthal DI, Garden AS, Morrison WH, Fuller CD, Mendoza TR, Mohan R, Wang XS, Frank SJ. Intensity Modulated Proton Therapy Versus Intensity Modulated Photon Radiation Therapy for Oropharyngeal Cancer: First Comparative Results of Patient-Reported Outcomes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Jul 15;95(4):1107-14.
- Holliday EB, Kocak-Uzel E, Feng L, Thaker NG, Blanchard P, Rosenthal DI, Gunn BG, Garden AS, Frank SJ. Dosimetric advantages of intensity modulated proton therapy for oropharyngeal cancer compared with intensity-modulated radiation: A case-matched control analysis. Med Dosim. 2016 Autumn;41(3):189-94. doi: 10.1016/j.meddos.2016.01.002. Epub 2016 May 4.
- Gunther JR, Liauw SL, Choi S, Mohamed AS, Thaker NG, Fuller CD, Stepaniak C, Das P, Golden DW. Clinical Target Volume Delineation Before and After a Teaching Intervention: Evaluation of a Post-operative Prostate and Seminal Vesicle Fossae Contouring Module. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016 Jul;13(7):835-841.e1.
- Thaker NG, Ali T, Porter ME, Feeley TW, Kaplan RS, Frank SJ. Communicating Value in Healthcare using the Radar Chart: a Case Study with Prostate Cancer. J Oncol Pract. 2016 Sep;12(9):813-20.
- Blanchard P, Garden AS, Gunn GB, Rosenthal DI, Morrison WH, Hernandez M, Crutison J, Ye R, Fuller CD, Hutcheson KA, Holliday EB, Thaker NG, Sturgis EM, Kies MS, Zhu XR, Mohan R, Frank SJ. Intensity modulated proton beam therapy (IMPT) versus Intensity modulated photon therapy (IMRT) for oropharynx cancer patients - a case matched analysis. Radiother Oncol. 2016 Jul;120(1):48-55.
- Thaker NG, Orio PF, Potters L. Defining the Value of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Prostate Brachytherapy using Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing. Brachytherapy. 2017 Jul - Aug;16(4):665-671.
- Boyce-Fappiano D, Ning MS, Thaker NG, Pezzi TA, Gjyshi O, Mesko S, Anakwenze C, Olivieri ND, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, Tang C, McAleer MF, Herman J, Ghia A. Time Driven Activity Based Cost-Analysis of Radiation Treatment Options for Spinal Metastases. J Oncol Pract. 2019 Nov 25:JOP1900480. doi: 10.1200/JOP.19.00480.
- Ning MS, Klopp AH, Jhingran A, Lin LL, Eifel PJ, Vedam S, Lawyer, AA, Olivieri ND, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, Mesko SM, Pezzi TA, Boyce-Fappiano DR, Shaitelman SF, Frank SJ, Thaker NG. Quantifying institutional resource utilization of adjuvant brachytherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for endometrial cancer via time-driven activity-based costing. Brachytherapy. 2019 Jul - Aug;18(4):445-452.
- Ward MC, Vicini F, Chadha M, Pierce L, Recht A, Hayman J, Thaker NG, Khan A, Keisch M, Shah C. Evaluating the Cost of Endocrine Therapy vs Radiation Therapy Alone for Low Risk Hormone Positive Early Stage Breast Cancer in Elderly Patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019 Oct 1;105(2):296-306.
- Ning MS, Gomez DR, Shah AK, Kim CR, Palmer MB, Thaker NG, Grosshans DR, Liao Z, Chapman BV, Brooks ED, Tang C, Rosenthal DI, Garden AS, Frank SJ, Gunn GB. The Insurance Approval Process for Proton Radiation Therapy: A Significant Barrier to Patient Care. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019 Jul 15;104(4):724-733.
- Ning MS, Venkatesan AM, Stafford RJ, Bui TP, Carlson R, Bailard NS, Vedam S, Davis R, Olivieri ND, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, McKelvey FA, Thaker NG, Rauch GM, Tang C, Frank SJ, Joyner MA, Lin LL, Jhingran A, Eifel PJ, Klopp AH. Developing an Intraoperative 3T MRI-Guided Brachytherapy Program within a Diagnostic Imaging Suite: Methods, Process Workflow, and Value-Based Analysis. Brachytherapy. 2019 Nov 27. pii: S1538-4721(19)30588-4.
- Thaker NG, Holloway J, Hodapp C, Mellen M, Fryefield D, Meghani R, Tong K, Rose CM. Automated Big Data Analytics for the Radiation Oncology Alternative Payment Model within The US Oncology Network using a Novel Healthcare Software Technology. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Apr;16(4):e333-e340.
- Li R, Yashar C, Thaker N, Beriwal S, Glaser S. Radiation Oncology APM: An Introduction and Primer for the Proposed Rule for Practices and Providers. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2020 May 15;S1879-8500(20)30108-9.
- Allen CJ, Eska JS, Thaker NG, Feeley TW, Kaplan RS, Huey RW, Tzeng CWD, Lee JE, Frank SJ, Aloia TA, Gottumukkala V, Katz MHG. Developing a Value Framework: Utilizing Administrative Data to Assess an Enhanced Care Initiative. J Surg Res. 2021 Jun;262:115-120. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2020.12.061. Epub 2021 Feb 6.
- Pasalic D, Ludmir EB, Allen PK, Thaker NG, Chapman BV, Hanna EY, Su SY, Ferrarotto R, Glisson BS, Reddy JP, Brandon Gunn G, Fuller CD, Phan J, Rosenthal DI, Morrison WH, Garden AS, Frank SJ. Patient-reported outcomes, physician-reported toxicities, and treatment outcomes in a modern cohort of patients with sinonasal cancer treated using proton beam therapy. Radiother Oncol. 2020 May 15;148:258-266. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2020.05.007.
- Mesko S, Chapman BV, Tang C, Kudchadker R, Bruno TL, Sanders J, Das P, Pinnix C, Thaker NG, Frank SJ. Development, implementation, and outcomes of a simulation-based medical education (SBME) prostate brachytherapy workshop for radiation oncology residents. Brachytherapy. Nov-Dec 2020;19(6):738-745. doi: 10.1016/j.brachy.2020.08.009. Epub 2020 Sep 17.
- Pezzi TA, Ning MS, Thaker NG, Boyce-Fappiano D, Gjyshi O, Olivieri ND, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, Mesko S, Gandhi S, Chun S, Tang C, Frank SJ, Herman J, Gomez DR. Evaluating Single-Institution Resource Costs of Consolidative Radiotherapy for Oligometastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Using Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing. Clin Transl Radiat Oncol. 2020 May 30;23:80-84. doi: 10.1016/j.ctro.2020.05.007. eCollection 2020 Jul.
- Shah C, Kamrava M, Thaker NG. Evaluating Reimbursement of Skin Radiation Therapy: Technique and Fractionation. Brachytherapy. 2020 Jul 15;S1538-4721(20)30123-9. doi: 10.1016/j.brachy.2020.06.005.
- Ward MC, Vicini F, Al-Hilli Z, Chadha M, Pierce L, Recht A, Hayman J, Thaker N, Khan AJ, Keisch M, Shah C. Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Endocrine Therapy Alone Versus Partial-Breast Irradiation Alone Versus Combined Treatment for Low-Risk Hormone-Positive Early-Stage Breast Cancer in Women Aged 70 Years or Older. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020 Jul;182(2):355-365. doi: 10.1007/s10549-020-05706-2.
- Thaker NG, Boyce-Fappiano D, Ning MS, Pasalic D, Guzman A, Smith G, Holliday EB, Incalcaterra J, Garden AS, Shaitelman S, Gunn GB, Fuller CD, Blanchard P, Feeley TW, Kaplan RS, Frank SJ. Activity-based Costing of Intensity-Modulated Proton versus Photon Therapy for Oropharyngeal Cancer. International Journal of Particle Therapy (2021) 8 (1): 374–382.
- Huang D, Frank SJ, Verma V, Thaker NG, Brooks ED, Palmer MB, Harrison RF, Deshmukh AA, Ning MS. Cost-Effectiveness Models of Proton Therapy for Head and Neck: Evaluating Quality and Methods to Date. International Journal of Particle Therapy. Accepted 2021.
- Thaker NG, Kudchadker R, Incalcaterra J, Bathala T, Kaplan RS, Agarwal A, Kuban DA, Frank BD, Das P, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Improving Efficiency and Reducing Costs of MRI-Assisted Radiosurgery for Prostate Brachytherapy by using Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing. (Brachytherapy).
- Abraham A, Ward MC, Thaker NG, Tendulkar RD, Vicini F, Shah C. Comparing Activity-based Cost and Cost-Effectiveness of Ultra-Hypofractionated Whole and Partial Breast Irradiation Regimens. (JCO OP).
- Shah C, Vicini F, Beriwal S, Thaker NG, Frank SJ, Rossi P, Orio P, Joshi N, Campbell S, Naghavi A, Chao S, Suh JH. American Brachytherapy Society: Quality Metrics for Brachytherapy. (Brachytherapy).
- Thaker NG, Meghani R, Wilson C, Garey J, Nelson P, Thaker GH, Shah C, Orio P, Yashar CM, Kavadi V. Impact of the Radiation Oncology Alternative Payment Model on Brachytherapy Reimbursement. (Brachytherapy).
- Bates JE, Thaker NG, Parekh A, Arnone A, Sanders T, Royce TJ. Geographic Access to Brachytherapy Services in the United States. (Brachytherapy).
- Boyce-Fappiano D, Nguyen KA, Kamrava M, Gjyshi O, Klopp A, Yashar C, Orio P, Thaker NG, Chang AJ. Compromising Care of Cervical Cancer Patients through Disincentivizing Brachytherapy: Exploring the Impact of Reimbursement on Utilization and Outcomes. (JCO OP)
- Mantz CA, Thaker NG, Pendyala P, Hubbard A, Eichler TJ, Shah C, Orio PF, Petereit DG. Disproportionate Negative Impact of the Radiation Oncology Alternative Payment Model on Rural Providers: A Cost Identification Analysis of Medicare Claims. (JCO OP).
- Hubbard A, Mantz C, Mohideen N, Hartsell W, Thaker NG, Orio P, Yashar C, Kavadi V, Kavanagh B, Adler D. Radiation Oncology’s Place in Payment Reform: ASTRO Advocates for a Place at the Table. (JCO OP)
- Thaker NG. Practical Applications of the Internet of Things in Radiation Oncology. Applied Radiation Oncology. 2022.
Editorials and Commentaries
- Thaker NG, Guzman AB, Feeley TW, Jones TM, Incalcaterra JR, Kolom C, Tatum LS, Walters RS, Cantor SB, Rosenthal DI, Garden AS, Gunn GB, Fuller CD, Palmer MB, Frank SJ. Defining the Value of Proton Therapy in an Evolving Healthcare System Using Time-driven Activity-based Costing. Oncology Payers, Policy Makers, and Prescribers. 2014 Sept; 1: 22-28.
- Thaker NG, Kuban DA, Buchholz TA. Predictors of breast radiotherapy plan modifications: Quality assurance rounds in a large cancer centre. Lymberiou T, et al Radiother Oncol. 114(1):17-21, 2015. Commentary. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly.
- Thaker NG, Frank SJ, Feeley TW. Comparative costs of proton and x-ray therapies for advanced head and neck cancer: lessons from Time-driven Activity-based Costing. Commentary. J Comp Eff Res. 2015 Aug;4(4):297-301.
- Kaplan RS, Blackstone RP, Haas DA, Thaker NG, Frank SJ. Measuring and Communicating Health Care Value with Charts. Harvard Business Review. 26 Oct 2015.
- Deal NS, Babber PA, Thaker NG. Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing in Emergency Medicine. Ann Emerg Med. 2016 Dec;68(6):785-786.
- Thaker NG, Staggs S, Meghani R. De-Constructing the Proposed Radiation Oncology Model Payment Methodology: Implications for Practices and Opportunities for Improvement. Journal of Oncology Practice: Discussion & Analysis in Short. Dec 19, 2019. https://jopblog.org/blog/2019/12/16/de-constructing-the-proposed-radiation-oncology-model-payment-methodology-implications-for-practices-and-opportunities-for-improvement
- Royce TJ, Thaker NG, Agarwal A. Radiation Oncology Alternative Payment Model. JAMA Mar 10, 2020.
- Thaker NG, Rewari A, Hubbard A. Future of Alternative Payment Models and Big Data Analytics in the Post-COVID-19 era: Implications for Radiation Oncology. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Oct 1; 108(2): 353–355.
- Williams VM, Kahn JM, Thaker NG, Beriwal S, Nguyen P, Arthur D, Petereit D, Dyer BA. Radiation Therapy Following COVID-19: Making the Case for a Brachytherapy Renaissance. Adv Radiat Oncol. 2021 Mar-Apr; 6(2): 100605.
- Hubbard, Thaker NG, Mohideen N, Orio P, Yashar C, Kavadi V, Kavanagh B, Mantz C. Radiation Oncology’s Place in Payment Reform: At the Table, Not on It. (JCO OP)
- Boyce-Fappiano D, Ning MS, Gjyshi O, Chang AJ, Thaker NG. Payment Methodology for the Radiation Oncology Alternative Payment Model (RO-APM): Primary Concerns and Suggestions for Improvement. (JCO OP)
- Thaker NG, Pollack IF. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibition as a Therapeutic Strategy for Glioblastoma Multiforme. Book chapter, Tumors of the Central Nervous System: Glioblastoma (Volume 1), Hayat MA (Ed). Springer, New York 2011.
- Thaker NG. "Intracranial Germ Cell and Pineal Tumors." Radiation Oncology: A Question-Based Review. Chapter 9. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Philadelphia, 2014.
- Thaker NG. "Medulloblastoma." Radiation Oncology: A Question-Based Review. Chapter 7. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Philadelphia, 2014.
- Thaker NG and Lin SH. "Pleural Mesothelioma." Radiation Oncology: A Question-Based Review. Chapter 41. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Philadelphia, 2014.
- Thaker NG and Lin SH. "Early-Stage (I-II) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer." Radiation Oncology: A Question-Based Review. Chapter 37. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Philadelphia, 2014.
- Thaker NG and Feeley TW. “Creating the Healthcare Transformation from Volume to Value” in Healthcare Delivery Redesign.” Creating the Healthcare Delivery Transformation. Rutgers University Press. 2015.
- Thaker NG. Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma. Pocket Radiation Oncology. 2018.
- Thaker NG. Moderate (Conscious) Sedation. ASTRO Radiation Oncology Coding Resource 2020.
- Thaker NG. ASTRO Radiation Oncology Coding Resource 2020. Co-Editor.
- Thaker NG. ASTRO Radiation Oncology Coding Resource 2021. Co-Editor.
In The Media
Dr. Thaker received his undergraduate degree in biology with summa cum laude from The College of New Jersey and his medical degree with junior Alpha Omega Alpha status from Rutgers University – New Jersey Medical School. He received both degrees through the highly competitive 7-year accelerated combined medical program. During medical school, Dr. Thaker helped develop novel therapeutic combinations for brain tumors and was awarded a clinical research fellowship through the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Upon graduating medical school, Dr. Thaker completed a transitional internship at the Crozer-Chester Medical Center, where he worked with leading community doctors in general medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, and pediatrics. He then completed residency training in radiation oncology at the prestigious University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas - the #1 ranked cancer center in the country by US News and World Report. In an effort to improve the quality of cancer care in patients’ communities, Dr. Thaker also completed a fellowship in healthcare management, where he worked with national leaders in quality improvement and healthcare innovation at the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Harvard Business School on innovative cancer care delivery initiatives.
Dr. Thaker is double-board certified in radiation oncology and clinical informatics, holds an MBA degree, is Certified in Medical Quality, and is a Project Management Professional (PMP). He works with leading experts in all aspects of radiation oncology and has helped develop cutting-edge cancer therapies. He has expertise in treating a wide range of cancers, including breast, gynecologic, gastrointestinal, lung, head and neck, genitourinary, and central nervous system malignancies. Dr. Thaker holds several national leadership positions in the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), the American Brachytherapy Society (ABS), and The US Oncology Network.
I have a strong devotion to community-based cancer care, and I strive to bring the highest quality of cancer care to patients living close to their homes. I am deeply passionate about helping patients and their families through their fight against cancer, and I believe in patient-centered care, where I combine each patient’s personal values with strong multidisciplinary collaboration and the most cutting-edge standards of cancer care. I constantly strive to maximize the effects of treatment while minimizing side effects, and I work tirelessly to communicate with patients, families, doctors, nurses, and staff throughout their cancer care. Through Arizona Oncology and The US Oncology Network, I can bring the latest advancements and clinical trials to patients who need them most.
In addition to his devotion to community cancer care, Dr. Thaker enjoys swimming, running, biking, hiking, traveling, watching movies, and singing Bollywood songs. He especially enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.