Locations and Physicians
Govardhanan Nagaiah, MD, MS
MGR Medical University,Chennai, India
Mercy Catholic Medical Center,Darby, (Philadelphia) PA
Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Darby, (Philadelphia) PA and National Health Service, United Kingdom
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Dr. Nagaiah is board certified in medical oncology, hematology and internal medicine.
I believe that being an oncologist is a privilege that is not to be taken lightly. I strive to provide, evidence based care that is appropriate to my patients particular problem, recognizing and respecting individual patient’s wishes. I take a multidisciplinary approach to care including alternative therapies that have been shown to be effective.
Academic Honors & Professional Achievements
Masters in Clinical Research: MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston
1. Nagaiah G, Hossain A, Mooney CJ, Parmentier J, Remick SC. Anaplastic thyroid cancer: A review of epidemiology, pathogenesis, and treatment. J Oncol. 2011;2011:542358.
2. Batalo M, Nagaiah G, Abraham J. Cognitive dysfunction in postmenopausal breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitors. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2011;11(8):1277-1282.
3. Nagaiah G, Remick SC. Combretastatin A4 phosphate: A novel vascular disrupting agent. Future Oncol. 2010;6(8):1219-1228
4. Mooney CJ, Nagaiah G, Fu P, et al. A phase II trial of fosbretabulin in advanced anaplastic thyroid carcinoma and correlation of baseline serum-soluble intracellular adhesion molecule-1 with outcome. Thyroid. 2009;19(3):233-240.
5. Nagaiah G, Almubarak M, Khan M, Altaha R. Cerebrospinal fluid leak during treatment with bevacizumab and irinotecan after carmustine-impregnated wafers placement in patients with grade 2 oligodendroglioma and glioblastoma multiforme: Report of two cases and review of literature. Cancer Invest. 2010;28(10):1048-1053