Locations and Physicians
Phoenix - Biltmore Cancer Center (Gynecologic Oncology)
2222 E. Highland Avenue, Suite 400
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Phone: (602) 253-5300
Fax: (602) 253-4400
Treatments & Services
Clinical Trials & Research
February 18, 2020
The internet contains many valuable sources of information about cancer. Unfortunately, it's also used to spread fear through myths and misconceptions that are repeated so often that many people believe they're true. These 12 statements about cancer are often relayed as fact. However, they are really myths.
Myths About Cancer
- A cancer diagnosis means the end of life.
- Cutting out sugar will cure cancer.
- Cancer is caused by artificial sweeteners.
- A biopsy or surgery will cause cancer to spread.
- Cancer cures are being withheld.
- Cancer is a modern disease created by humans.
- Smartphones cause cancer.
- Advances in technology mean we should have cured cancer by now.
- Cancer is contagious.
- Superfoods can stop cancer.
- No family history of cancer means you're not at risk.
- Cosmetics cause cancer.
December 31, 2019
Arizona means living with sunshine year round, even when it’s not super hot outside. That can be dangerous for your skin. Some people believe that the cooler weather in winter decreases their risk of developing skin cancer. The truth is, regardless of the temperature outside, the sun can still cause skin damage. All sun exposure can lead to a higher risk of skin cancer–even in those winter months that aren’t super hot.