Locations and Physicians
Phoenix - Biltmore Cancer Center (Radiation Oncology)
Treatments & Services
Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
February 18, 2020
The internet contains many valuable sources of information about cancer. Unfortunately, it's also used to spread fear through myths and misconceptions that are repeated so often that many people believe they're true. These 12 statements about cancer are often relayed as fact. However, they are really myths.
Myths About Cancer
- A cancer diagnosis means the end of life.
- Cutting out sugar will cure cancer.
- Cancer is caused by artificial sweeteners.
- A biopsy or surgery will cause cancer to spread.
- Cancer cures are being withheld.
- Cancer is a modern disease created by humans.
- Smartphones cause cancer.
- Advances in technology mean we should have cured cancer by now.
- Cancer is contagious.
- Superfoods can stop cancer.
- No family history of cancer means you're not at risk.
- Cosmetics cause cancer.
February 14, 2020
Colorectal cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. In fact, research shows that it is the third-leading cause of cancer-related death in the United States, will result in over 53,000 fatalities in 2020, and will appear in almost 150,000 patients over that same time frame.
As with many health issues, knowledge of colorectal cancer means power: the power of early detection, treatment, and in some cases even prevention. You may worry that you or a loved one are at risk for developing colorectal cancer; or you may want to better understand certain aspects of this disease. If so, then the following information will likely prove to be very helpful to you, as it covers several frequently asked questions about this type of cancer.