COVID-19 Update May 17, 2022
Arizona Oncology is committed to providing our patients with medically necessary, life-sustaining care, and to the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of that commitment, we have implemented COVID-19 policies based on recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our patients may continue to safely receive treatment.
- Masks are required at all Arizona Oncology clinics. Masks must cover both nose and mouth.
- Acceptable masks include surgical, procedural, N95 or KN95 masks. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you during check-in.
- Bandanas, gators-type masks, masks with vents or valves, and face shields are NOT permitted.
- Visitors are not permitted at our practices at this time.
- One (1) family member/caregiver (age 18 or over) may accompany patients to appointments and into exam room if they clear COVID-19 screening.
- If you are experiencing, or have experienced in the last 48 hours, the following symptoms you may not be permitted to enter the practice:
- fever (>100) or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- If you have tested positive for, are isolating/quarantining due to potential exposure to a person with COVID-19, or waiting for test results, you may not be permitted to enter the clinic. Please call prior to your scheduled appointment for guidance.
As the COVID-19 situation changes, Arizona Oncology will update our policies to ensure the continued safety of our patients and staff.